1. We believe each of us has a moral obligation to preserve the world’s heritage for future generations.
2. We believe wildlife is wild.
3. We believe all wildlife is endangered until it is worth more alive than dead to the local community.
4. We believe the definition of responsible tourism is tourism where individuals, organizations, and businesses take responsibility for their actions and the impacts of their actions.
5. We believe responsible wildlife tourism enhances the well-being of local communities.
6. We believe responsible wildlife tourism helps to preserve wildlife and encourage sustainable management of local habitats (and restoration where appropriate).
7. We believe responsible wildlife tourism educates tourists to the need for conservation of wildlife and habitat, and it inspires responsible practices at home. ____________________________________
We believe strongly in the guidelines and ideas behind the Cape Town Declaration on Responsible Tourism. Its vision of using industry practices based on personal and corporate responsibility to uplift whole communities, preserve their cultural heritages, and conserve the environment is both elementary and revolutionary. We have established Destination: Wildlife with those ends in mind.